Monday, March 11, 2019

The first wildflowers of Spring!

Saturday I went outside and discovered wildflowers had come up in our grass. It's been a long cold winter and I was so thrilled to see any signs of Spring that i picked some and put them in a little vase in my kitchen window.

They aren't the most colorful or exciting of our Texas wildflowers, but when I looked at them up close through the camera lens I was surprised to see how much detail and color they really have.



After taking these photos of them in the vase I went back outside and took more of them in their natural setting.

To think that God lavishes so much beauty and creativity on such small things is amazing. Most people if they notice them at all might think they are just a weed they need to mow.

It brings to mind when Jesus said, " do not worry about your life ... see how the flowers of the field grow... If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you...?" (Matthew 6:28-30)








No comments:

Post a Comment