Thursday, March 14, 2019

One of my favorite wildflowers

Yesterday morning i was thrilled to see one of my favorite wildflowers growing in our yard!  I was getting ready to go out with some friends for the day so I didn't take the time to photograph them just then. I wish now I had. They were wet from a rain storm and looked fresh and sparkly as the morning sun shone on them. In the afternoon I took some photos but they didn't look as pretty as my memory of them from the morning.

Nevermind, I am trying to be less perfectionistic anyway and they are still there so I took some more photos this morning. It is amazing how their color seems to change with the time of day. They look more purple in the photos I just took.

Based on my internet research, I think they are grape hyacinth (muscari botryoides)

The first two photos below are from this morning. The next two are from yesterday afternoon. They look much more purple and grape-like in this morning's light. They are really quite small. These are enlarged a lot.

Taken this morning.



From yesterday afternoon. The color looks more of a light blue.

not as purple as this morning but still a beauty!


I also took this yesterday afternoon. It's the same sort as from my last post but more open

This one is quite pretty too. It's so small it's difficult for me to get much detail. It looks almost like an orchid    

No comments:

Post a Comment