Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wildflower birthday part 3

My focus these last few posts has been on wildflowers we saw on my birthday but we saw other pretty things, too. Mesquite trees are one of my favorite trees. Their bright fernlike leaves look delicate but they must be tough to survive our harsh hot climate and inhospitable rock and clay soil. 



It was one of those rare sunny, but cool days. Though I did start to appreciate the shade as the morning advanced.




A nice view of Joe Pool lake about halfway along the Talala trail.
This cardinal sang happy birthday to me ;-) ...
Well, anyway, it did sing for a long time while we watched and admired. It might have been warning all the surrounding birds to watch out for us. But since we don't speak bird-ish we just listened and enjoyed.


And yes there were more wildflowers! 







An Indian blanket









This seemingly simple little flower is more interesting up close--as the next picture shows.







I think these are violet trout lilies. 




Later that evening, we got fajitas for dinner at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Plato Loco, and then went to watch the sunset over the lake. Afterward we had brownies and "ice-cream" (I had dairy free sorbet) back in the RV and watched "The Beverley Hill Billie's" (dvds of the old tv show.) 








If you know the names of any of the wildflowers I have photos of here or in any of my posts please leave a comment and let me know!

Follow these links for the first two Wildflower birthday posts:

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful display of God's handiwork!

    ReplyDelete