Friday, May 13, 2022

Wildflower birthday - part 2

As I wrote in yesterday's post we went camping at Cedar Hill State Park over my birthday. 

The trail we hiked on my birthday is called the Talala trail. It's rated moderately difficult and is 2.3 miles. The trail guide says it takes two hours. But it took us a lot longer. And we didn't even do the whole 2.3 miles. There were so many wildflowers I could hardly walk a meter without stopping to take pictures. What I lacked in steps, I made up for in squats!

I noticed that a majority of the wildflowers seemed to be either yellow or purple.  Even our iconic Texas blue bonnet has a hint of purple in it so it seemed to fit. There were a few others too. 

There were so many wildflowers that I thought I would post photos of them in small batches. (See yesterday's post for the first part.)






















Stay tuned for the next collection.

Please let me know in the comments if you prefer these short posts with small numbers of photos or if you like my usual longer posts with more photos.


6 comments: