Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day Two in my countdown to furlough. And I'm not ready!! My clothes are almost packed and the house is getting that way. But mentally and emotionally I'm not. I know it's only for 5 months. And yes there are good things about going. Seeing friends and family, for example. But in order to see them there, I have to leave friends and family here. It's never easy either way. I always feel sad to leave them there when we come back here too.

Being transplanted is never easy.
I noticed this morning that the hostas I thinned this weekend are looking distinctly more perky than the ones I dug up and transplanted. I tried both ways to see which one was better for next time. I guess getting dug up, separated, shook off and transplanted is more stressful than just doing a little downsizing and thinning even for plants. I know the feeling.

My devotional this morning was appropriate: Isaiah 26:3
"You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you." (NIV)
Anne S. White, the devotional writer said, "If our minds are really stayed on Him, we shall know which things He intends for us to do and how they can best be accomplished."



No comments:

Post a Comment