Thursday, March 24, 2016

The perfect quote

"Be thankful for the smallest blessing, and you will deserve to receive greater. Value the least gifts no less than the greatest, and simple graces as especial favors. If you remember the dignity of the Giver, no gift will seem small or mean, for nothing can be valueless that is given by the most high God." --Thomas a' Kempis
I came across this quote tonight in Jan Karon's book, "A New Song." How does she do it? She always manages to have the perfect quotes.

I'm thankful:
1. That I discovered the leak and puddle of water under our kitchen sink before it had caused any more damage. Near as we can tell it's because the built in soap dispenser had come loose and when I washed the sink, water came through. Good thing I don't wash it very often or the damage would be much worse! :-)
2. That the bone around my dental implant is forming well and I'll be able to get the tooth part attached soon.
3. That I was able to do some more down-sizing a couple of days ago. I've nearly managed to condense two boxes of cards, letters and mementos into one. Hoping I can reduce them down a bit more. There are lots more where those came from, though. But every little bit helps!
4. We have almost settled on a "smart" phone to replace my old flip phone. The flip phone seems to be falling apart which is providing more incentive to finally settle on one and be done with it.
5. for the fun lunch with my friend S. today.

No comments:

Post a Comment