Thursday, April 24, 2008

I need God!

Feeling drained and in need of something.

My BB is away until Monday. It has been good to have him here with us, but it is also nice to just be us again for a few days.

My b-day is coming up, but I want to wait until he is back to go out to celebrate -- I'm thinking ribs at "Chili's" :-) yum!

Not sure what to do with my blog at the moment. Wondering if I have been too confident in myself--"I always have lots of ideas." But I am seeing how much I need God to give me the ideas.

Yesterday at ladies Bible study when we got to Prov. 16:18 "pride goes before ... a fall," E. talked about pride and that pride is depending on ourselves or others instead of God. She said humility is the opposite of pride and it is also a fruit of the Spirit. We don't get rid of pride by focusing on it, but instead by focusing on God and our need for Him.

(I just looked up the list of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23 NIV. Humility is not listed :-( -- Funny it sounded so right when E. said it. Maybe her version reads that way... ) Anyway, maybe it isn't in that list, but I do need God. Dependance on Him is the only way to go -- all of the time!

He even said "apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5)

1 comment:

  1. Although not in the Galatians list of fruit of the Spirit, I'd agree it is a trait formed by the Holy Spirit - Col. 3:12, 1 Peter 5:5 - to pick two found by Bible Gateway for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete