Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Celebrating Spring Despite "Lock down"


Last Spring, April 2019, my friend Susan and I went to Dallas Arboretum during their Annual Spring Dallas Blooms display. I took my camera and had fun trying to capture the amazing beauty. It's not really possible to do it justice, of course, however I did my best.

I meant to post some of the pictures then but never did.

So here they are a year later to celebrate Spring (in America anyway) and remember fun times when we could get out and spend time with friends. May they soon return!









For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.
...
For Thyself, best Gift Divine,
To the world so freely given,
For that great, great love of Thine,
Peace on earth and joy in heaven.
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.


I found this lovely rendition on YouTube

This song has a long history of modifications according to Wikipedia. If you want the whole story and the original lyrics go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the_Beauty_of_the_Earth


2 comments: