Monday, May 16, 2016

Back in the blogosphere

I have no good excuse for not blogging lately. I was not run over by a truck. I did not break both arms.

I did record some thankfulnesses in my paper journal a few times. But over all I have not been keeping up in the thankfulness category.

A friend loaned me a book recently by Bill Johnson called, "Strengthen yourself in the Lord." It has a chapter on thanksgiving. It says on page 56 that, "thanksgiving keeps us sane and alive by connecting us to the source of our life and purpose." I certainly have felt disconnected from my Source lately.

Johnson also said on page 53 that, "the things we practice as a lifestyle equip us for difficulties." This weekend I was reminded of my need for that equipping. I noticed swelling and pain in the tooth that was operated on last year. It's had so many procedures done on it over the years that it seems unlikely anything more can be done for it. If it is infected again it may just need to come out. I don't have time for this! Or energy!! Doctor and dentist visits were already eating up what little time and energy I do have. I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm wondering if the tooth may be why I have had even less energy the last few months and had some other scary symptoms.

I saw my dentist today about something else and had him check it. He wants to try something called ozone therapy on it. It sounds far fetched to me. 

Anyway, at least being thankful might help keep me sane and that's not far fetched!

I'm thankful:
1. That I already had a dentist appointment scheduled for today.
2. For the encouraging verses in my Bible reading this morning: 1 Peter 5:6-10
" 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
3. I am thankful for the promise that God will restore me and lift me up eventually. Even if it's not until heaven. Heaven will be glorious and eternal!  And even though this life feels awfully long sometimes, compared to eternity it is really very short. (verses 6 & 10)
4. That He cares for me and listens when I dump my anxieties on him. He can take it! (verse 7)
5. That although I often feel alone in my sufferings, there are people who can relate and do care.

No comments:

Post a Comment