Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"If my people..."

Last night we attended a special prayer meeting about the upcoming election.

As we entered the building I was struck by how little I, at least, have prayed about the issues that I say are important to me.

It also occurred to me that the further my political party gets from upholding the values that I and others most care about the more dependant we will be on God and His Spirit to bring about true change in peoples' hearts. If we don't expect the politicians to do anything about the problem, then maybe we will spend more time praying that God will and that he will use us to help.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 TNIV

May it be so!

O God forgive me for my apathy. May my heart be broken with the things that break your heart. Forgive me for caring more about my own comfort than for what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment