Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Taming the to-do lists




I finally found a to-do list method that might actually work for me. I bought the above journal just over a month ago. Since then I've filled up about 13 pages with to-do items and several more at the back with notes. For the notes, I turned the book over and started writing from the back. That way I won't waste any pages and I don't need to decide ahead of time how many pages to devote to notes. I just will record whatever I need to until the two lists meet-up.

I love the moto on the front too. It's something I want to live up to more.

It's encouraging to see how many things I have gotten done since I started using it.

At first it seemed like having such a nice thing to write my to-do's in was helping me get more done. But now that I'm used to it I am back to my usual tendency to procrastinate a bit.

The hard fact is: recording to-dos in a nice book doesn't mean I get them done any faster! But it does help me to remember them until I do them (as long as I keep looking through the book for the ones that still need doing that is.)

It certainly beats the way I used to make lists on scraps of paper that seemed to go missing almost as soon as I wrote on them. I keep it open next to my place at the table. I do still put a sticky note on my place mat sometimes to remind myself about time critical things like: use up roast beef for lunch.

How do you keep track of your to-do list? Please leave comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment