Friday, December 22, 2017

Real pictures from my real life

Despite my determination not to be anxious or perfectionistic, I'm feeling overwhelmed! Some of the "big rocks" seem too big and horrible and I don't want to do them. Meanwhile the little ones are  piling up at record rate.

This morning after breakfast, I gave in to the temptation to enjoy just a little bit more of the latest Sophie Kinsella book I'm reading, "My Not So Perfect Life." I was hoping a little escape and a few more laughs would help me get psyched up to tackle my to-do list. I didn't expect it to work so well or so quickly.

It was this quote from Biddy, one of my favorite characters in the story--the level headed and loving stepmum--that stopped me and got me going at the same time:

"No one's life has to be perfect."...Don't put so much pressure on yourself, love. Whoever started the rumor that life has to be perfect is a very wicked person, if you ask me."

I agree! And just what I needed to hear too.

Katie, Kinsella's heroine, is so desperate to have the perfect life and career and meet everyone's expectations that she even fakes things sometimes. She has a tendency to post fake pictures and make up stories on her favorite social media site to make her life seem better than it really is, a lot better. But when she loses her dream job in the city in a humiliating way and has to move back in with her family in the country that she finally starts to shed some of the fake images she has for herself and really starts living.

With that in mind I would like to share a few real images from my own not so perfect life:



The coffee table where our Christmas tree and miniature train usually are by this time!


The only decorating we've done so far this Christmas. John said our trees keep getting smaller.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment