Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day four in my countdown to furlough. 

My devotional verse is very appropriate today:
 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
                                    John 14:27 (NIV)
Current events and furlough prep certainly don't give peace. Quite the opposite in fact. Even beautiful flowers can't really give peace, though it is a blessing to have them. But only Christ Jesus can give real and lasting peace, even in the midst of chaos, strife and uncertainty.

Lord Jesus help me to trust you despite what I read in the news! And despite all the things we still have to do to get ready to leave Monday morning.

I'm thankful:
1. for God's peace.
2. for all the work we did get done yesterday.
3. for yesterday's devotional verse: Isaiah 30:15. "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength"
4. for a few minutes of quietness and rest yesterday before the fur began to fly!
An all too rare morning tea on the patio.

John taking time to smell, and see, the plumeria.

He had his usual glass of water. He hates hot drinks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment