Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rejoice!

“Pollyanna” has gotten a bad rap over the years. But have you read the book, by Eleanor H. Porter? I just finished rereading it. It's hilarious and thought provoking. I heartily recommend it.

A key quote is, “if God took the trouble to tell us 800 times [in the Bible] to be glad and rejoice, he must want us to do it -- some."

And I would add, He also knows we need frequent reminders.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again; Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

1 comment:

  1. Paul is repeating himself even more than twice. These are the third and fourth commands to rejoice in this one letter (2:18 and 3:1, besides several other mentions of Paul rejoicing). In 3:1 he comments, "It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you." He must think it's a pretty important point for us to get!

    ReplyDelete